The Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) is a full time adult education programme offering a range of learning options for adults from 21 years old and in receipt of a social welfare payment or signing for ‘credits’ for at least 6 months.
A dependant spouse of a person on a Social Welfare payment is also eligible for VTOS. Applicants who were on a FÁS or CE scheme are also eligible. Refugees/ Asylum Seekers (with the right to work or Leave to Remain) are also eligible. For full details on eligibility please contact us.
VTOS offers you the chance to:
- Update your existing skills catering to all levels
- Work at your own pace
- Learn new skills in a friendly open environment
- Acquire valuable business and practical skills
- Get help with literacy and numeracy
- Make new lifelong friends
- Access the comprehensive services offered by our Adult Learners Guidance Service
- Find employment or use skills in all other settings
- Embrace the idea of lifelong learning and progressing
- A friendly group of adults who attend a short course every day